Posts Tagged ‘Online education classes’
Today, you can learn to cook like a professional chef in the privacy of your own kitchen or craft the perfect mystery novel under the tutelage of an expert author all in online education classes.
Before spending your hard-earned dollars, make sure the course you sign up for is top quality and suits your needs.
1. Decide what you are after in an online education course. These courses offer very different results, from bachelor’s and master’s degrees to certificates of completion.
2. Choose a source that is respected in the field you want to study. For example, if you’re thinking of receiving a liberal studies degree, SJU University is a well respected school for this field.
3. Look at the syllabus and any pre-course materials you can view before enrolling and paying any money. Determine if the course is going to cover everything you expected.
4. Answer questions like how much contact you will have with the teacher, who is the teacher, and what are his or her credentials? Will there be any opporunity for one-on-one conversation with your instructor, and are you comfortable with the amount of time that the institution will be investing in your education?
5. Weigh the cost of the course against any benefits you expect to receive. If this one course will cost more than an entire degree program at a non-virtual entity, consider whether the convenience is worth the cost.
6. Check out the institution offering the course to see if the program is accredited or licensed. In the US, the Department of Education or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) can help with public education institutions, and the Better Business Bureau may be able to give you information on private institutions.